A Career in Business Office Technology
As the nationwide shortage of professional office workers continues, office administrative and support professions are expected to see significant job growth across all industry and governmental sectors. Legal administrative assistants can find employment with a single attorney or a large law firm, in legal departments of corporations, government agencies and in the court system. Medical administrative assistants, transciptionists and insurance specialists are recruited for poistions in all health care settings, as well as insurance companies, medical departments of private corporations and government agencies.
Some potential career choices are:
- Administrative Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Medical Biller/Coder
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Office Manager
On the Web
These web sites provide additional information on potential careers:
- American Academy of Professional Coders
- American Health Information Mangement Association
- Association of Executive and Administrative Professionals
- International Association of Administrative Professionals
- Microsoft Learning Site
- The Emily Post Institute (business etiquette)
- Connecticut Department of Labor, Labor Market Information
- United States, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Administrative Assistant, Legal Option, Business Office Technology, A.S.
- Administrative Assistant, Medical Option, Business Office Technology, A.S.
- Administrative Assistant, Office Option, Business Office Technology, A.S.
For additional information, contact: Carla Adams