English as a Second Language
MCC offers the non-English speaker four levels of English classes to improve language proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Our courses will prepare English as a Second Language (ESL) students for academic courses in any subject, and our tutoring staff supplements and complements our four-level curriculum. ESL credit courses include listening/speaking and reading/writing sequences and carry four credits each.
MCC's Continuing Education Division also offers several credit-free ESL courses. They include Basic Grammar, Advanced Grammer and Reading, Communication, Accent Reduction and Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) preparation. Information on these courses is available by contacting Diana Hossain, ESL Academic Discipline Coordinator.
- Small classes (average of 15 students).
- Highly qualified instructors.
- Technologically advanced language laboratory.
- Complete orientation to the MCC campus and the array of available academic support services.
- Evaluation upon completion of each course.
- Free tutoring with a professionally trained ESL tutor.
- Assistance with research at the MCC Library.
- Information on financial aid from the MCC Financial Aid Office.
Academic Discipline Coordinator
Diana R. Hossain, Professor of ESL and Spanish
ESL Academic Discipline Coordinator
Director of International Affairs
MCC is proud of its academic excellence, new facilities, flexible schedules, small classes, low tuition and faculty with both academic and "real world" credentials. The College offers over 60 programs, transfer options, financial aid and scholarships, as well as access to baccalaureate degrees through guaranteed admissions progams with several universities. MCC is situated on a park-like campus and is easily accessible from I - 84.
For additional information, contact: Brenda St. Peter