Request for an F-1 Visa
International students on an F-1 visa can enroll at Manchester Community College. However, international students on a visa other than an F-1 may enroll for classes at MCC, but should consult with the Director of International Affairs/PDSO or the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), to verify student eligibility and enrollment status. All international students on non-immigrant visas, and most non-permanent residents, will be charged out-of-state tuition and fees.
International students interested in attending MCC with an F-1 visa should contact the Director of International Affairs/PDSO to ensure that their SEVIS I-20 application is processed in a timely manner for appropriate service, or U.S. State Department approval.
How to Get Started
To be admitted to the College and to register for classes, Fall 2014 semester, all international students seeking an I-20, F-1 student visa must:
- Apply to the College by August 15, 2014 for the Fall 2014 semester.
- Submit an MCC admissions application with a $20.00 non-refundable fee.
- Submit official proof of high school completion - which must be in English, or GED.
- Submit an Affidavit of Support I-134, with proof of financial responsibility and name of citizen/permanent resident sponsor.
- Pass the TOEFL exam – minimal score of 70 IBT or 175 CBT.
- Schedule to take the MCC Assessment Test for English and math placement.
- Meet with the Director of International Affairs/PDSO to process a SEVIS I-20 application for United States Government international visa processing.
- Register by Wednesday, August 27, 2014.
All I20 documents must be submitted to the Office of International Affairs by August 15, 2014 for the Fall 2014 semester. F-1 students with a SEVIS I-20 must maintain a full-time status (12 or more credits or hours per semester).
Manchester Community College is not an English as a Second Language Institute and cannot process I20’s for F-1 language proficiency. Also, the College does not have housing or dormitory provisions.
Information sessions regarding the SEVIS I-20 - F-1 process for the Fall 2014 semester will be held in the Admissions Conference Room L156. Please contact the Office of International Affairs/Enrollment Management Unit, 512-3215 for a session appointment, if you are requesting an I20 information packet, or if you should have any questions.
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
For more information regarding the SEVIS I-20 process please contact Joe Mesquita, Director of International Affairs/International Student Advisor and PDSO at 860-512-3215, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Additional Information Contact: Joe Mesquita