Winter Intersession Courses
MCC offers a wide range of credit courses during the winter intersession. Credits can be applied to a degree or certificate at MCC or transferred to another college or university.
What You Need to Know
If you are registering to take a credit course and have never attended MCC or another Connecticut Community College as a credit student, a one-time, non-refundable $20 application fee is required. This fee is non-refundable, even if a class is cancelled by the college. You are also required to complete an MCC Application for Admission.
Special Note: If you are attending another college or university and intend to transfer your MCC course(s) to your home institution, please check first that credits from this program are transferable to your school. There are no refunds past the allowable drop period, whether a course is transferable or not.
If you are registering for a course that has a pre-requisite, you must submit an unofficial transcript to the Registrar's office (fax 860 512-3221) as proof of having met the pre-requisite.
You do NOT need to submit proof of high school completion or MMRV immunizations if you are a non-degree, non-matriculating student taking winter intersession courses only.
- Winter intersession courses are part of MCC's credit extension program. Tuition and fees may vary from those during the Fall and Spring semesters, and the refund policy is different (see the Winter Catalog).
- Credit extension programs are self-supporting. All courses are operated on an instruction fees-supported basis. Classes with insufficient enrollment will be cancelled.
- Mail-in registration must be received by the Registrar’s office five business days prior to the start of the requested course. Students will be advised if a course is filled.
- Late registration will be accepted on a space-available basis by permission of instructor only.
- You will receive your course schedule printout, with course location(s), as a confirmation, within a week after we receive your registration form. Students who register in-person will receive confirmation at that time. Your confirmation is necessary to purchase textbooks at the MCC Bookstore. Course locations are also listed online.
- For credit course prerequisites, check the Winter Catalog.
- There is no Financial Aid available for transfer or new students.
- Full payment must accompany registration.
• Credit Cards: Only MasterCard, Visa and Discover Card are accepted.
• Checks: Please make all checks payable to “MCC.” Please include student’s Social Security number or Banner ID on the check.
- Textbooks and supplies can be purchased at the Bookstore in the Lowe Student Services Center. The bookstore will be closed whenever the College is closed. For more information and inter session hours, call 860-645-3140.
For additional information, contact: 860-512-3210