In-Service Training for
State of Connecticut Employees
We are pleased to offer to the employees of the State of Connecticut In-Service Training courses, which are a result of the successful partnership between the Department of Administrative Services and the Connecticut State Colleges and Universities and Board of Regents for Higher Education.
Spring 2014 Highlights
- Access 2010: Advanced Topics
- Access 2010: Intermediate
- Access 2010: Introduction
- Access 2013: Intermediate - NEW!
- Access 2013: Introduction - NEW!
- Adobe Acrobat: In-Depth
- Adobe Dreamweaver: In-Depth
- Adobe InDesign: In-Depth
- Adobe Photoshop: In-Depth (PC)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Exam Preparation
- Excel 2010: Advanced Topics
- Excel 2010: Data and Functions
- Excel 2010: Intermediate
- Excel 2010: Introduction
- Excel 2013: Intermediate - NEW!
- Excel 2013: Introduction - NEW!
- Microsoft Project 2010: In-Depth
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012: In-Depth
- Oracle SQL: Introduction Certification Prep
- Outlook 2010: In-Depth
- PC Maintenance
- PHP and MySQL: Introduction (How to Create Web Forms and Capture Information)
- PowerPoint 2010: In-Depth
- Programming Basics: Foundation for C#, VB.NET, JAVA and XML
- QuickBooks: Basics and Beyond
- Security+ Certification Preparation - NEW!
- SharePoint Information Worker - NEW!
- VB.NET Programming: Introduction
- Windows 8: Introduction - NEW!
- Word 2010: In-Depth
- Word 2013: In-Depth - NEW!
Essential Business Skills
- Accounting I: A Practical Focus to Financial Accounting
- Balancing Time, Priorities and Productivity
- Effective Speech Communication Made Simple!
- Essentials of Project Management
- Essentials of Project Management and MS Project, Process and Tool: How They Work Together
- Forensic Accounting: What You Don’t Know Most Certainly CAN Hurt You!
- Freedom of Information Act: What You Need to Know for Compliance and Protection
- Spanish for the Workplace I & II
- The Innovative and Successful Supervisor - NEW!
- Working towards a Stress-Free Life: Exploring Exciting Ways of Balancing Life and Work
Developing Leadership Skills
- Management Secrets: Managing with Intention toward a High Performing Team
- Managing the Generational Mix - NEW!
- Middle Management Skills Certificate
State employees, please note:
If you would like a catalog in electronic form, please visit the State In-Service Training website at: bor.ct.edu/inservice.
Need information about State In-Service Training?
Do your employees need what we're offering to state employees?
These are just a few of the hundreds of courses offered by MCC. If you don't see listed here what your employees need, please give us a call and we'll be happy to help you identify other solutions, including the customized training we offer to local businesses. Contact Mick Pigott, Business & Industry Services Representative, at 860-512-2815 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
College Closing Procedures
Announcements regarding class cancellations and delayed openings due to weather conditions are broadcast on the following radio stations:
WTIC WDRC WHCN WPOP WRCH WCCC
Television: Channel 3 and 30
In addition, you may call the college’s automated Info Line at 860-512-3016, or the main line at 860-512-3000, or visit us on our website at www.manchestercc.edu.
Details regarding cancellation and delayed openings:
- When the college is closed, all classes are cancelled for that day and will be rescheduled.
- When the college has a delayed opening of 10:00 a.m. or later, full-day In-Service Training Program classes will be cancelled and rescheduled. Classes scheduled from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. will not be held and will be rescheduled. Classes scheduled from 1-4 p.m. will run on schedule.
- When classes are held, students are expected to attend and no refunds or credits will be given for non-attendance.
For additional information, contact: Mick Pigott