Computer Training Program
It’s a digital world. Don't be just a number!
Manchester Community College Continuing Education Division offers computer technology education and training that will help you advance your career.
Keep yourself in demand. Keep your computer skills up-to-date.
U.S. Department of Labor data shows that in fields like manufacturing, engineering and many others, people who complete Microsoft MOS, MCAS and CompTIA certification and college level courses have the best job prospects. Job opportunities will be most plentiful in what is known as the STEM disciplines (science, technology, engineering, and math). Wages and salaries in these jobs compare favorably on average with other occupations. Higher than average earnings are often an indicator of strong demand for workers.
|Course Title||Degree Field||Average Pay*|
|A+ Certification Essentials Exam Preparation||Computer Support Specialists (A.S.)||$27.42/hour|
|AutoCAD 2013 Certification Preparation||Architecture and Engineering Occupations||$35.74/hour|
|Network+ Certification Preparation||Network and Computer Systems Administrators (B.A.)||$35.78/hour|
|Oracle Database Administrator||Database Administrators (B.A.)||$37.33/hour|
*Source: Connecticut Department of Labor, Occupational Projections Statewide Data: Last updated March 13, 2012
Boost Your Employability in the Competitive Job Market
Manchester Community College provides Microsoft Office 2013 & 2010 training and certification.
Our certification preparation courses and testing solutions include:
- State-of-the-art computer labs
- Computer courses follow Microsoft Office 2013 & 2010 certification objectives
- Approved proctors on staff
- Affordable tuition and fees
- Microsoft Office 2013 & 2010 MCC Certificate
- Access 2013 & 2010 Certification
- Excel 2013 & 2010 Certification
- PowerPoint 2013 & 2010 Certification
- Word 2013 & 2010 Certification
The Way to Stand Out
Manchester Community College offers a full range of computer-related training through its Continuing Education department. Learn from instructors who, in many cases, have written the curriculum on their subjects and applied the concepts in the real world.
MCC’s expert instructors offer a comprehensive range of courses on PC and Mac computers.
- Learn how to design web pages in the following courses: Dreamweaver, Flash, Expression, HTML and Cascading Style Sheets and Web Communication and Design.
- Create games and multimedia presentations using Game Maker, GameStudio, Visual Studio, and the XNA game-programming framework.
- Build and manage databases with Access, PHP and MySQL and SQL Server.
- Write code and programming for all types of applications using VBA, ASP.NET, Silverlight, and Python.
See the Credit-Free Catalog for course descriptions and schedules.
- Introductory Computer Courses and Word Processing
- Microsoft Office Suites
- Networks and Operating Systems
- Troubleshooting and Security
- Digital Imaging and Design
- Multimedia and Gaming
- Classroom and Online Courses
- Microsoft Test Center (MCC Credit-Free Programs offers a convenient Microsoft Office 2013 & 2010 Certification Exam Schedule.)
If you have questions regarding computer training, contact the Manchester Community College Continuing Education Information Line at 860-512-2800, or Bruce Manning, Continuing Education Computer Program Coordinator, at 860-512-2808.
If You are an Employer
Looking for specialty courses? When a course isn't offered in our current catalog, or it's filled, Manchester Community College can design a program especially for you. Please contact us about customized computer training through our Business and Industry Services group.
For more information. call Mick Pigott, Business and Industry Services Representative, at 860-512-2815.
For additional information, contact: Ann Bonney