Excursions in Learning
Excursions in Learning is an educational enrichment program for youth at Manchester Community College. We currently have programming in the spring, summer and fall semesters for inquisitive and creative minds in grades K-8. Our longest running program is the Summer Academy for Gifted and Talented Youth in August.
2012 marked our 25th year anniversary!
Our mission at Excursions in Learning is to take a leadership role in gifted education and enrichment programming; to be an educational and community resource for the 15 towns in the college's service area and beyond; and to collaborate with schools, cultural institutions and community groups in educational endeavors.
Our Enrichment Programs
- This catalog is usually available by late December. (See the "Catalogs" link on the top left.)
- Saturday enrichment classes in March and April.
- This catalog is usually available by mid-March. (See the "Catalogs" link on the top left.)
- Technology Camp: (Grades 5-8) one-week exploring technology and engineering.
- Adventures in Leadership: (Grades 5-8) one-week strengthening leadership and teamwork skills.
- Junior Culinary Institute: (Grades 5-8) one-week culinary arts education program
- Summer Academy for Gifted Youth: (Grades K-8) a two-week exciting and challenging academic program for students in grades K-8. Half-day and Full-day courses available.
- This catalog is usually available by late July. (See the "Catalogs" link on the top left.)
- Saturday enrichment classes in October, November and December.
For additional information, email Carleigh Cappetta Schultz or call 860-512-2804.