ACCUPLACER was designed to help you succeed in college. Your score helps you and your adviser determine which courses are most appropriate for your current level of knowledge and skills. Once you identify your academic strengths and needs, you can get the help you need to improve underdeveloped skills before they can interfere with your learning.
The Accuplacer Assessment Test is designed to place you in appropriate levels of math and English. The better you score, the more likely you are to place into college level courses. By taking the time to fine-tune your math and English skills, you could end up saving a good deal of time and money by placing out of developmental classes. That is why it is important for you to review prior to taking the test. Your scores determine your placement, and there are no “re-tests.”
To refresh Algebra, Arithmetic, and Grammar skills, visit any of the following websites:
- Comprehensive Math Review with Tutorials and Practice!
- http://www.testprepreview.com/modules/reading1.htm(Reading Comprehension)
- http://www.yccd.edu/assessment/tests/sentenceskills.html (Sentence Skills)
- http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar (An online handbook by Capital Community College)
- http://owl.english.purdue.edu/exercises/ (Grammar practice and instruction)
For ESL practice, try the following sites:
Sample questions and answers from The College Board may be found on the ACCUPLACER website.
Free Accuplacer practice tests may be found at http://www.testprepreview.com. Click on Accuplacer Test Practice.