Benefits to Students and DonorsNeed: Despite our low tuition, more than half our students still need financial assistance. Each year, MCC Foundation provides about 200 students with approximately $200,000 in scholarship funding. Your support for scholarships ensures every student has an opportunity to better his or her life.
Benefits to Donors: 100 percent of your gift directly benefits students and is dispersed according to your wishes. Benefits include:
- Recognition for your generosity
- Invitation to a scholarship reception honoring both students and donors
- Communication from scholarship recipients
- Invitations to attend campus activities and events
Benefits to Students: A gift of any size can support students through our general scholarship fund. An endowed scholarship gift starting at $5,000 can provide ongoing support for textbooks, fees and tuition.
Here are some examples of the ongoing support your endowed scholarship can provide:
- $25,000 gift can yield a $1,250 scholarship (tuition, fees and textbooks for a full-time student)
- $20,000 gift can yield a $1,000 scholarship (tuition and fees for a full-time student)
- $15,000 gift can yield a $750 scholarship (tuition and fees for 9 semester hours)
- $10,000 gift can yield a $500 scholarship (tuition and fees for 6 semester hours)
- $5,000 gift can yield a $250 scholarship (textbooks for 2 or 3 courses)
Donors make a DifferenceDonors can support the MCC Foundation and its mission in a number of ways.
ScholarshipsScholarships may be funded annually or endowed. Scholarships of this type are named and may honor or memorialize a loved one or friend.
EndowmentsEndowment gifts, which have the most long-lasting impact on the College, are held in perpetuity and a portion of their investment income each year is made available to support scholarships, endowed professorships and program enhancements.
Benches, Bricks and Building SpacesNaming opportunities of courtyard benches, garden bricks, campus building spaces and SBM Charitable Foundation Auditorium seats support the MCC Foundation scholarship fund.
Foundation assets are in cash, money market funds, stocks and bonds totaling over $4.5 million. Foundation funds are held and invested. Investors hold the brokerage power to trade these positions as guided by Foundation investment policies. Foundation funds are audited annually.
For additional information, contact: Endia DeCordova