NSO - Athletics
Consistent with the college's mission, the Athletic and Fitness Department's primary goal is to provide an environment that promotes and encourages the enhancement of individual lives through the social, physical, mental, and emotional benefits of participation in physical activity and intercollegiate competition.
In all of our athletic and fitness programs, the department is committed to providing equal opportunity for all. We are committed to ensuring an environment in which diversity is a fundamental value not limited by: ethnicity, race, gender, age, class, sexual orientation, religious preference, and physical abilities. We seek a climate in which everyone values individual and group differences and respects the perspectives of others. Within our working environment, we will be aggressive in recruiting and retaining a diverse team of administrators, coaches, student/athletes and student staff.
This department believes that intercollegiate athletic programs must be an integral part of the college's academic mission. Athletics gives student/athletes an opportunity for significant learning experiences within and outside the traditional classroom, fostering the educational and leadership growth that will stand them in good stead upon graduation.
- We respect each student as an individual and their personal welfare is our highest priority.
- We value health and safety as paramount to a successful varsity or club program.
- No goal exceeds the mandate to educate and graduate the student/athlete.
- We recognize that our most important resource is people. Our students deserve the best facilities, equipment, coaching, and supervision that we can provide.
- All staff members should have opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
- We regard athletics as integral to the mission and goals of the college.
- Teamwork should prevail in all interactions among students, coaches, staff, faculty, and administrators.
- We strive to make our programs an enduring source of pride for its participants, alumni, the college, and the broader communities of which we are a part.
- We conform to the letter and spirit of all rules and regulations of the college and athletic bodies of which we are privileged to be members.
Our mission is to make your time in our facility a meaningful experience: a place where you can reap the benefits of good health, enhance your ability to learn, meet friends and realize your personal goals. Our commitment is to offer you the best in service and program delivery. Our staff is chosen for their expertise, their ability to offer you quality instruction and their high level of commitment to our members.
Membership rates are affordable for students, staff and members of our communities. We invite you to come in and get to know more about us. Join us in practicing an active lifestyle: book an orientation, take some group exercise classes, get on our treadmills and use our weights.
Be a part of our energy! Be a part of campus life!
For additional information, contact: Umesh Vig