Faculty/Staff Technology SandboxThe Faculty/Staff Technology Sandbox, located in LRC B130, is intended to be a place where MCC faculty and staff can experiment with technology and talk with others about the effectiveness of various approaches. The Sandbox can be your personal technology training space where you can explore to your hearts content. Feel free to use the Sandbox if youre engaging in self-directed small-group training or mentoring activities with colleagues. Use the Sandbox as a haven away from the distractions of your office. Feel free to email all four of us at email@example.com or call 860-512-2857.
Periodic gatherings, training sessions, discussions and brown bag lunches take place in the Sandbox.
The Sandbox offers faculty and staff the following hardware and software:
Operating Systems and Hardware
- CD burners
- Zip drives
- digital video cameras
- Adobe CS3 Master Collection
- Acrobat Professional
- After Effects
- Premiere Pro
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Camtasia Studio
- Equation Editor
- Final Cut Studio
- QuickTime Pro
- QuickTime Broadcaster
- Second Life
- Stuffit Deluxe
- Visual Studio
- VLC Media Player
- WinZip Pro
...and more. We encourage you to suggest new software or hardware you would like to see available to you in the Sandbox.
Suggested Sandbox Activities
- Experiment when its convenient for you
- Try out new software to prepare for class
- Conduct mentoring activites with a colleague
- Hold small-group training for your department
- Discuss technologys effective use
- Consult about technology use (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-512-2857 to request a meeting)
- Get additional ideas by looking at the ETDL Mentoring and Training webpage.
For additional information, contact: ETDL Sandbox