The primary online course management system used throughout the Connecticut Community College System is Blackboard Learn . Every course section (CRN) taught at the College is given its own Blackboard Learn site. Faculty who decide to have an online component to their courses should utilize Blackboard Learn as the starting point for online course materials, either putting those materials into Blackboard Learn or linking to those materials from their Blackboard Learn course site. Students who have registered for a course are automatically given access to that course’s Blackboard Learn site. Students who drop a course are automatically denied access to that course site, although they often still appear in the grade book list, marked with a red 'X.'
If youre interested in learning about and using Blackboard Learn, there are several training options:
- Take a look at the Faculty Orientation shell that you'll find on your myBlackboard page when you log into Blackboard Learn.
- There are many training workshops scheduled at MCC and at other community colleges. Visit the Calendar.ct.edu to view sessions scheduled at all the community colleges and for registration for any session.
- Information can be found on our documentation page.
- You are also welcome to contact the ETDL Department with questions.
To access Blackboard Learn, log into myCommNet and select the Blackboard link in the upper right-hand corner. This will bring you to the Blackboard semester page; click the link for the appropriate Blackboard semester to view all of your available courses.
Courses that make up a crosslisted course in Blackboard Learn will each list individually on the myCommNet myCourses faculty view. Each of those separate course links will bring you to the one crosslisted course in Blackboard Learn. Students will only see the course in which they are enrolled.
- If, once logged into myCommNet, additional assistance is required:
Contact the ETDL Sandbox at x2857 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For evenings and weekends contact the Connecticut State Colleges & Universities Support for Blackboard Learn:
BOR Help Desk Online Support: https://websupport.ct.edu/
BOR Help Desk Phone Number: (860)-493-0221
- Check Blackboard Learns computer requirements to make sure your computer at home (or another location) can use Blackboard Learn: go to the browser checker & the Personal Computer Configurationwebsites
- Blackboard Faculty Resource Center
- Get help at "Ask Dr. C" (http://discussions.blackboard.com/)
- Look for publisher Course Cartridges in Blackboard Learn Digital Content; please request an course catridge that is Blackboard Learn 9.1 compatible.
- Look for more information on our documentation page.
For additional information, contact: Tim Boto