Graduation is not automatic. Students planning to graduate must complete and submit an application for graduation and meet all degree and certificate requirements..
The Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education, through Manchester Community College, is authorized by the Connecticut General Assembly to confer associate in art and associate in science degrees, and award certificates, to candidates who have met all requirements.
It is the student’s responsibility to follow through EARLY and to meet all requirements listed below. If you have any questions, please meet with your program coordinator or a counselor.
- Follow the catalog in effect when you declared your major. If you change your major, you will be required to follow the catalog for the year in which you have made the change.
- Students who have returned to the college after a separation of two or more years must follow the program requirements at the time of re-admission to the college.
- Notify the Registrar if you are completing requirements at another college.
- Submit official transcripts from other colleges to the Admissions office for transfer of credit. This must be completed by the application deadline to insure participation.
- Matriculate (enroll in credit-bearing courses applicable to the requirements of a degree or certificate program).
- Satisfactorily complete the total credits required in the degree or certificate program.
- Complete course requirements with a minimum GPA of 2.0 or better. (The college reserves the right not to recommend transfer students with a GPA lower than 2.5.)
- Satisfy all financial obligations (library, parking fines, etc.).
- Complete residency requirement for 25% of course work.
- File grades for all incompletes and approved course variances with the Registrar’s office.
Application for Graduation (Degrees and Certificates)
At MCC, graduation occurs three times a year : May, August and December.The college holds one formal Commencement Ceremony in May of each year. Regardless of graduation date (May, August or December), all graduates are invited and encouraged to attend the Commencement Ceremony.
Each student who expects to graduate must submit an application for the degree or certificate earned, even if they do not plan on participating in the college's commencement ceremony. The graduation application is available for download, or from the Registrar’s, and Advising & Counseling offices.
Each student’s application will be reviewed, and the student’s program of study will be checked and verified by the degree auditor. If a student did not meet their graduation requirements, his/her application will be carried over for one semester.
Students who wish to earn a second degree or certificate from Manchester Community College will be required to complete a minimum of 15 credits beyond the number of credits required for their initial degree or certificate, and fulfill all requirements of the second degree or certificate. A separate graduation application must be submitted for each additional degree or certificate. The Registrar’s office will notify students in writing of the results of the review and audit. If a student is requesting more than a second degree or certificate, permission from the Dean of Academic Affairs is required.
Students who have applied by the deadline and are short four or fewer credits to graduate may request special permission to participate in the commencement ceremony. However, the students' names will not be printed in the program and their degree/certificate will not be ordered until the next cycle after all requirements have been met.
For additional information, contact: Anita Sparrow