On-Campus Resources for Veterans
- Assessment Testing
- Academic Advising
- Academic Support Services
- Career Services
- Disability Services
- Financial Aid
GI Bill Benefits
Military Transcripts and Records
- Department of Defense DANTES Joint Service Transcript
- Request an Official Joint Services Transcript (JST)
- National Archives – The National Archives is able to provide Military personnel records for proof of military service, or as a valuable tool in genealogical research. Most veterans and their next-of-kin can obtain free copies of their DD Form 214 (Report of Separation) and other military and medical records by submitting a request to the National Archives.
- National Center for PTSD
This organization’s aim is to advance the clinical care and social welfare of U.S. veterans through research, education and training on PTSD and stress-related disorders.
- Veterans Administration
The Veterans Administration provides patient care and other veterans’ benefits.
- Vet Centers
Vet Centers provide readjustment counseling and outreach services to all veterans who served in any combat zone. Services are also available for their family members for military related issues.
- Veterans with Disabilities in Higher Education
The website offers a host of resources including online information related to veterans and student veterans with disabilities, courses that may be of interest for continuing education credits or for general knowledge, as well as a list of books.
Translating Military-to-Civilian Experience
- American Legion
The American Legion is a patriotic, war-time veterans’ organization that is devoted to mutual helpfulness.
- Disabled American Veterans
The DAV organization is dedicated to building better lives for America’s disabled veterans and their families.
- Grace After Fire
Grace After Fire is a place for women veterans and their loved ones to connect with one another and with our professional partners, to find resources, to learn and to get involved.
- National Association of Black Veterans
NABVETS provides strategic advocacy on behalf of its membership to Congress, the federal administration, state administrations and other agencies and organizations. NABVETS provides personal advocacy on behalf of veterans seeking claims against the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, advocacy for youth in all matters required for successful passage into adulthood, advocacy on behalf of families, advocacy in creating positive lifestyles for veterans and advocacy to generate and preserve the historical record.
- Student Veterans of America
SVA is a coalition of student veterans groups from college campuses across the United States.
- Vietnam Veterans of America
This is the only national Vietnam veterans’ organization congressionally chartered and exclusively dedicated to Vietnam-era veterans and their families.
School Certifying Officials
Julie Greene, Director of Career & Veterans Services
860-512-3374 or email@example.com
Jonathan Ramos, Veterans Services Associate
860-512-3375 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dana O’Neal, Veterans Services Educational Assistant
860-512-3362 or email@example.com
For more information, contact Veteran Services in the O.A.S.I.S. at 860-512-3362.